Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updates and Information

What a transition we have been through the past couple of months. There is a lot to tell...please bear with me!
CPSIA Update
A blessing for most crafters, the day our shop closed I got an email saying the CPSIA was postponed for another year. What good news! Too bad I had clearanced out the inventory and given the landlord notice of our leaving. But it does allow our crafty mamas to continue their businesses and allows us to continue online.
Blessed Baby Update
The shop was intended to be put fully online long before now. But just as Murphy's Law would have it, my trusty laptop had something of a fatal seizure just days after the doors closed. I have had it in the shop, and as much as Caleb tried, he could not recover it. He is working on getting my data so I can transfer it to another computer. Of course, that means buying another computer! We will continue to sell our products....online as soon as we can, but I am also available by phone for orders.
Personal Update
My personal life has taken a pretty drastic turn these past couple of months, which has greatly affected my ability to keep track of things. This is the first time I have been able to get to a computer to let everyone know that we are still around! I have not only moved the shop to my home, but moved out of my home as well. So settling into a small apartment was tough, and digging out the fabric and sewing machine was even tougher. I spent a good deal of February inside, not answering the phone, and not going anywhere except to work. My primary focus for March was to get out of the house once in a while, unpack, and create new stability for my children. Please understand that this was a very difficult time personally for me, and I recognize that it was not very good for business. But I am working on getting emotionally healthy again, and beginning to really reach out and get back into my life. I am working hard to catch up with everyone. If I owe you a sling, please feel free to call me and give me a nudge of a reminder!!!
WAHM Update
Tragically, we lost one of our own last week. Tara Hart, our Organic skin care mama and creator of beautiful handmade cards, was in a car accident in Fairfield. She was alone in her car. She leaves behind a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful boys. You may leave messages of condolences for her family at http://www.legacy.com/bangornews/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=125690032
Consignment Sale Update
We are still planning on doing a consignment sale. I was hoping to have had it all ready to go by now, but like I have said, when it rains it pours! I am working to get that going ASAP! If you would like to give me a hand it getting rolling, feel free to call and let me know.
Contact Update
As I have moved and don't have a computer at the moment, the only way to catch me is by phone. I had ordered for Fairpoint to forward calls from the shop phone to my cell, but Fairpoint is incredibly behind in their orders! I still don't have a landline at the apartment. Frustrating! I also do not have email. As soon as I do, I will post and celebrate my reconnection to the world! Until then, my personal cell number is 207-778-1065. Please call between 9am and 8pm. Should I not answer, it could be that I am working, with my children, or not getting reception (my apartment has reception on the couch, near the kitchen window, and in my bed only! hahaha weird!). Please be patient as it may take a couple of days to get back to you, but I will try to call you back as soon as I can. You may also send me a text message- be sure to leave a name so I know who you are!
Any questions, please feel free to give me a call. Really. I mean it! I miss my customers a whole lot!
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being in touch. Sadly, I am on my mother's computer today because I had to come to MA to attend my aunt's funeral. It could be a bit before I get online again. Many blessings!! Heidi

No comments: